Monday, February 7, 2011

Love & Friendship

Growing up I really looked forward to having a day to celebrate those that I love on a special day. I actually received my first declaration of love in 2nd grade through a heart-shaped Valentine that said I love you. I don't think either of us knew what that meant, but it's a cute memory nontheless.

My mother however taught the day to her children to be a day of Amor y Amistad. Which translates to Love and Friendship. So it was a really excited to tell my friends how much they meant to me. Now, I like to hand-out Valentine's to anyone who crosses my day that day. A little candy, a chocolate, a mini-card, anything to put a smile on someone's face.

I started making my Valentine's I will hand out this year. Check it out below! So much fun, easy to assemble, and beyond cute!

Tin hearts from Michael's and hand made cards.

The felt-hearts from Michael's as well.
 I simply used chocolate M&M's for the tin heart candy filling, and mini placement cards as my signature card with a simple 'Happy Valentine's Day' for the cover. Very simple, very sweet. What are you doing this Valentine's Day?

Oh and p.s. I feel that we really don't need one day to show love, let's do it everyday!

Xoxoxo,
~La Femme

1 comment:

Lisa said...

cute and yummy! thanks!

Post a Comment